Ensuring farm animal welfare is top of the list. For good.
We believe that the welfare, treatment and attitude towards farmed animals across the world must change. Forever.
At World Animal Protection, we work tirelessly to ensure farmed animals live good lives by transforming the global food system and attitudes towards farm animal welfare.
We have a combined responsibility to work for a world where respect for animals and nature sits at the heart of our food system, which is equitable, sustainable, resilient, and capable of feeding the world.
Farm animals experience relentless suffering at the hands of the farming industry. It is our mission to implement global solutions to address global problems.
Farm animal welfare legislation
All activity undertaken by World Animal Protection has the safeguarding of farm animal welfare legislation at its heart:
The Animal Welfare Act 2006
The Animal Welfare Act is the principal law relating to animal welfare.
Owners and keepers have a duty of care to their animals and must make sure they meet their needs:
- For a suitable environment and place to live
- For a suitable diet
- To exhibit normal behaviour patterns
Transforming the global food system
We protect the welfare of farmed and wild animals by raising awareness of the harmful host of activities that are putting them at risk.
The safeguarding of farm animal welfare is paramount. We must put an end to the devastation caused by the global food system to ensure farmed animals live better lives, we achieve this through raising awareness of:
- The animal feed trade: The spike in cruel factory farming growth has a devastating impact on farmed and wild animals. There’s no bigger threat to the world’s animals, farmed and wild, than the expansion of factory farming
- Improving animal welfare on farms: We work with the food industry to improve animal welfare and keep animals in an environment where they can benefit from a life worth living
- Meat reduction: Encouraging less consumption of animal products to reduce animal suffering and protect our planet
- Sustainable finance: A shift in attitude from fuelling destructive factory farming to investment in humane and sustainable systems
- Promoting humane slaughter of farmed animals: To reduce animal cruelty and suffering
We are taking strides towards tackling the global problem with a global solution by:
- Proactive campaigning to help safeguard farm animals and encourage a global food system shift
- Producing and distributing animals in the wild and animals in farming reports
- Forming strategic alliances with like-minded supporters that want change
- Developing and building the case for humane sustainable alternatives
- Raising awareness and knowledge of animal cruelty and protection
- Ending the commercial exploitation of wildlife and farm animals
Farm animal cruelty caused by current global food systems must end. For good.
Through shifting attitudes, safeguarding the way farm animals are treated and implementing sustainable investment and practices, we can protect farm animals, ensure they live better lives and protect our planet.
Are you ready to take action?
Join our mission and change the way the world works through people's power. Take action today and support our efforts to stop farm animal cruelty and suffering. Forever.