Together, we can move the world to protect animals, by securing a Universal Declaration on Animal Welfare (UDAW). Please add your voice to this vital campaign today
Back a Universal Declaration on Animal Welfare
Help make the Universal Declaration on Animal Welfare a reality
We are calling for a Universal Declaration on Animal Welfare (UDAW) to be backed by the United Nations.
Animal suffering is an urgent worldwide problem. Whether it’s the millions of animals forgotten after natural disasters or the 1 billion stray cats and dogs at risk of being needlessly culled, animals need our help.
As well as the individual actions we can take, our governments have a crucial role to play in creating lasting change for animals.
- Animal cruelty and suffering is a global issue
- Animals are sentient – they feel pain
- Animals need to be protected – urgently
- A Universal Declaration on Animal Welfare (UDAW) would show a global commitment to making the protection of animals a priority
- It would inspire international, regional and national change
- It would drive industries that use animals, to protect animals
What we’re doing
- We’re leading a global movement calling for a Declaration
- Over two million people have already added their voice
- 330 animal groups and 40 governments are on board too
A declaration will create a baseline for animal care and treatment that every nation in the world can work towards. It will make animals a global priority, to be included as we seek solutions for the big issues we face, like poverty and climate change. It will make animals matter.
More than two million individuals and 40 governments have joined us in demanding a declaration. Join us.
Tell the world that animals matter: back a Universal Declaration on Animal Welfare.