Top 6 tips on how to be a wildlife-friendly traveller
Right now, thousands of wild animals around the world are suffering in the name of tourism. But it doesn’t have to be this way. You have the power to change the world for wild animals.
- View wildlife where it belongs: in the wild
- Avoid riding wild animals like elephants for entertainment
- Never pay to have your picture taken with a wild animal
- Never choose to interact with or swim with captive dolphins
- Check to see if your tour operator has an animal welfare policy
- Never buy souvenirs made from wild animals
- Extra tip: Beware of venues that call themselves a sanctuary, rescue center or park, but use wild animals for entertainment
Help make sure that your actions on holiday don’t support animal suffering.