In 2018 we achieved staggering success for millions of animals – thanks to you
From saving animals after a Guatemala disaster and ending circus elephants in Denmark, to vaccinating dogs in Kenya and moving a Chinese pork company to improve pig welfare – we did a lot this year
Watch the video below to hear about 2018’s achievements from some of our incredible staff.
Too much to mention
These are just a few of our proudest moments:
- 29 travel companies committed to stop promoting elephant entertainment venues, making a total of 226
- 10 bears used for baiting and dancing were given new lives in our partner sanctuary in Pakistan
- We reached more than 500,000 KFC petition signatures, and are in talks with the fast food chain
- 83,000 dogs in Sierra Leone and Kenya were vaccinated against rabies
- We helped 454,774 animals recover from 12 disasters around the world
- Disaster preparedness work we did with governments and NGOs this year will help protect 52,000,000 animals in future
Grateful to all
It’s simple. Without support from passionate people like you, we wouldn’t be able to protect animals.
It’s not just donations that make our work possible. Petition-signers, pledge-takers, readers, social media-sharers, and more – you all do your part in spreading the message about animal protection, and helping companies and people make better choices.
Even if this is the first time you’ve come across World Animal Protection, we’d like to thank you for joining our animal protection journey in 2018.
Be part of the movement in 2019
Sign up to receive emails about how you can help move the world for animals next year and beyond.